Part-Time Program Administrator
Sinai and Synapses is looking for a part-time program administrator at 2-3 days (c. 12 hours) / week.
Sinai and Synapses, housed and fiscally sponsored by Clal – The National Jewish Center for Learning and Leadership in Manhattan, offers people a worldview that is both scientifically grounded and spiritually uplifting. It provides tools and language for learning and living to the millions of people who see science as their ally as they pursue personal growth and the repair of our world.
Our largest project, and the main focus of work for this part-time administrator, is Scientists in Synagogues, a grass-roots program to offer Jews opportunities to explore the most interesting and pressing questions surrounding Judaism and science. Its aim is to share how some of the most thoughtful Jewish scientists integrate their Judaism and their scientific work so that they can be role models and ambassadors for productive conversations surrounding Judaism and science.
Additional projects include the Sinai and Synapses Fellowship, a small group of clergy, scientists and bloggers who are committed to elevating the discourse surrounding religion and science, as well as Science in Rabbinic Engagement, a project run by the American Association for the Advancement of Science Program of Dialogue on Science, Ethics and Religion.
- Communicate with rabbis, scientists and other congregational leaders surrounding Scientists in Synagogues
- Regularly update the Sinai and Synapses website (hosted through WordPress.org) with all content and events
- Share and promote both content and events on the Sinai and Synapses Facebook page, Twitter account, YouTube channel and podcast channel
- Strengthen social media by finding and sharing interesting and important articles on the interaction of science and religion (particularly through Sinai and Synapses’ Facebook and Twitter accounts)
- Edit written blogposts
- Edit video content
- Collect data for post-program survey from Scientists in Synagogues
- Manage the Sinai and Synapses e-mail list
- Minimum degree of BA
- Excellent written communications skills
- Proficient in MS Office products (particularly Word and Excel)
- Experience using WordPress.org
- Strong social media knowledge, especially surrounding Facebook and/or Twitter
- Knows websites and social media channels that offer regular high-quality content on both science and religion
- Passionate and curious about both science and religion, and especially their interaction
Salary: $20 / hour
Please send resume and cover letter to Rabbi Geoffrey A. Mitelman at email@example.com